Employment / Internship Opportunities
Paid Internship for Interior Design with Krause Interiors
As a Krause Intern, you will be responsible for working with a designer/project manager in a collaborative, team environment to interpret the client’s needs into well thought out, creative solutions that exceed our client’s expectations. For more information click HERE.
Architects and Landscape Architects
NSPJ Architects is a full-service, employee-owned Architectural design office seeking energetic recent graduates looking for long term growth and supportive development with our team. We are proudly celebrating our 54th year of excellence in both service and design through a devotion to create memorable and timeless architectural projects. The successful candidate(s) must have a Master’s degree in Architecture, with intentions to immediately complete the licensing exam process (when applicable); 0-5 years max. of experience in (or strong desire to learn) either fields of Residential/ Commercial/ Retail and/or Multi-Family projects. Required experience in 2013 AutoCAD (min.) Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup as well as Excel and Word.
In addition, we are currently looking to hire 1-2 recent landscape architecture graduates. The successful candidate(s) must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, with intentions to complete the licensing exam process (when applicable); 0-2 years maximum experience and a strong desire to design and see through the construction of residential, commercial, retail, and multi-family projects. Required experience in 2013 AutoCAD (min.), Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp, as well as Microsoft Excel and Word.
Candidates can review a sampling of our project work and services offered at NSPJArch.com. Please direct resumes with an electronic portfolio of work to attention: Clint Evans @ firstname.lastname@example.org .
Posted 09 March 2016
Document Manager/Graphic Designer
Development Strategies is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Graphic Designer/Document Developer. Our company is a knowledge firm that provides consulting to cities, developers, lenders, and companies in the areas of real estate, economic, and community development.
Posted 09 March 2016
Open Positions | Historical Concepts
My name is Aaron Daily and I am a Principal at Historical Concepts and a 1995 KSU Architecture graduate. It is an exciting time to be in the design profession and you will likely have multiple employment options to consider. With that said, please allow me to take this opportunity to share with you some information that we like to think makes Historical Concepts unique:
- As you will see when you visit our website, we are a traditional architecture and planning firm headquartered in Atlanta with a growing office in New York.
- When Jim Strickland founded the firm in 1982, he purposely chose the name “Historical Concepts” over his own to emphasize the design philosophy and body of work. This vision still guides us today and our designs are shaped by context and precedent, never ego or individualism.
- As traditionalists, we are committed to the ideals of classical and vernacular architecture; however, we take pride in being generalists who seek to improve the built environment. Our team members enjoy tremendous variety, collaborating with residential, civic and developer clients on a range of project types, styles, scopes and locations.
- Each and every project is a team effort. A spirit of collaboration is ingrained in our culture and applies to everything we do. This provides opportunities for everyone to contribute to projects in a meaningful way and we believe that good ideas stand in open forum.
- We have built the firm by hiring recent graduates, investing in their growth and promoting from within. Newly hired staff members are immersed in one of our small studios, where they work side by side and receive daily mentorship from a Principal who began their career at Historical Concepts as well.
If you feel that our ideals and place-making services align with your interests then we would welcome the opportunity to talk with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at the contact information below.
Thank you for your time and we hope to have the pleasure of talking with you soon.
Sincerely and with best regards - Aaron
Aaron Daily, AIA, CNU-A |Principal
ARCHITECTURE & PLANNING
430 Prime Point, Suite 103
Peachtree City, GA 30269
Posted 25 February 2015
Architectural Graduate & Summer Intern | incite Design Studio
iDS in Kansas City, MO is seeking to fill both summer intern and new grad/intern positions. We will be on campus in the coming weeks conducting interviews with qualified applicants. Interview times are limited. Please send resume and portfolio electronically to Brian Foxworthy, AIA at email@example.com.
iDS is located in the heart of the Crossroads Art District in Downtown Kansas City, MO, and we have recently opened an office in downtown St. Louis. iDS is a hands on studio where team members are asked to work on all aspects of a job. With tremendous growth potential both personally and as a firm, it is an exciting time to be a member of our studio. Our current interns have developed a great knowledge base and understanding of Architecture over the last couple of years and it is time for them to move into project leadership roles and start to mentor new graduates and interns. Prospective hires are to be team oriented, versatile individuals that truly want to learn the business of Architecture. Find out more about our studio at www.incitedesignstudio.com.
Posted 25 February 2016
Architect | Krueck+Sexton
Krueck + Sexton is looking for talented individuals interested in practicing the art of architecture. Those interested should learn more about the firm at ksarch.com.
For general questions about the firm or Chicago, contact Lindsey Telford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be sent to Jamie Cook at email@example.com
Posted 18 February 2016
Project Architect | PWArchitects, Inc.,
Immediate opening for full-time Project Architect in general architectural practice with large portfolio of Education, Commercial, Emergency Services, Healthcare, and Institutional projects (www.PWArchitects.com).
All professional staff at PWA gain experience from programming through construction administration.
This position will focus primarily on detailed preparation of design and construction documents. Other duties will include production of design presentation drawings/renderings, review of shop drawings and submittals, field observations, as well as other tasks in the accomplishment of firm and project goals.
- NAAB-Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- NCARB/IDP registration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in preparation of construction documents
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, other A/E software, word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, specifications, and building codes
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings towards accomplishment of team requirements
- Professional work demeanor, diligence, and integrity
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience
- Great Benefits, including
- Health, Disability, and Life insurance
- Dental plan
- Progressive pooled time-off policy
- Generous Safe Harbor 401(k) plan
- Registration reimbursement policy – ARE, LEED, NCARB, CDT
- Membership dues reimbursement policy – AIA, CSI
- Numerous “Lunch-n-Learn” presentations
- New office with available exercise equipment and shower
- Located in Columbia, Missouri – one of Forbes Best Small Places for Business and Careers (http://www.forbes.com/places/mo/columbia/)
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit cover letter, resume, and work samples by March 8, 2016.
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Project Architect Position”
Via mail: Kimberly Trabue, PWArchitects, Inc., 2120 Forum Blvd., Ste. 101, Columbia, MO 65203
No phone calls please.
Posted 17 February 2016
Internship | BHDP Architecture
At BHDP, we design environments that affect key behaviors necessary to achieve strategic results for our clients. By focusing on the total space, we effectively blend the science and the art of architecture. We are committed to market-specific expertise allowing us to provide informed strategy and creative intuition. Our people-focused solutions integrate this expertise with inspiration, creativity and talent that deliver dynamic, transformative results for our clients. Today, BHDP is known for its designs for workplace, science, higher education and retail organizations worldwide.
We value our culture of continuous learning and collaboration, and continually seek talented individuals with creative vision and a passion for enhancing the built environment.
BHDP is seeking students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program to complete a cooperative education session or internship from May 2016 through August 2016. BHDP believes in enriching a student’s experience through practice. We offer cooperative education opportunities for architecture, interior design, graphic design and marketing students throughout the year. Our Cooperative Education Students become an integral part of our project teams and perform a variety of duties on a daily basis.
Below is a link to our website as well as well as a link to the position descriptions and online applications for Summer 2016 internships in both our Cincinnati and Columbus offices. We ask that applicants submit a resume by February 26th (submitting a portfolio as well is preferred but not required for application). Please reach out to me if you have any questions.
Summer 2016 Application for Internship - Cincinanti:
Summer 2016 Application for Internship - Columbus:
Posted 16 February 2016
Architectural Designer | The Clark Enersen Partners
The Clark Enersen Partners, one of the Midwest’s most respected full-service architectural and engineering firms, with offices in Kansas City, MO; Fairway, KS and Lincoln, NE is seeking an Architectural Designer for our Kansas City Team.
This individual will be responsible for working on all phases of the design and documentation process and have a close working relationship with clients and all members of the project team. The selected candidate must also have a strong working knowledge of a variety of software including but not limited to Revit and AutoCAD. Maintaining up to date CAD/Revit standards will be essential to this position. The candidate must also value a team collaborative process, service, high quality and integrity. A minimum of 2 years professional experience required.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, portfolio and resume to The Clark Enersen Partners, Attention: Human Resources Director, email@example.com.
Posted 9 February 2016
Intermediate Architect | Lawrence Group
The Lawrence Group is a national architecture firm with offices in 4 US cities, with a total staff of about 150 people. The New York Office is seeking candidates for an intermediate architect position starting immediately. The office is a boutique design office with around 12 architects and designers.
Project involvement may include working on national retail design and roll-out, hospitality work, or other building renovations in Manhattan and across the country.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
- 5-8 years professional experience in an architectural office.
- Excellent design and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent digital presentation skills, preferably including Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of construction materials, details, methods and standard building codes.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is a minimum requirement; the firm has fully implemented Revit on all new projects.
Qualified individuals should:
- Submit PDF resumes and work samples (not to exceed 5 MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work samples must include but not be limited to imagery of past commercial interiors projects, hospitality work, or broadcast and media experience.
- Resumes must include a list of project experience and indicate role candidate served for each project.
- Provide salary requirements in the body of your cover letter.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications and include the above 4 items will be contacted.
Posted 28 January 2016