February 9, 2015Student Council Charrette
Thursday, February 12th the IAPD Student Council will be sponsoring a design charrette at 7:30 in the McGraw room. If you have questions, please ask Nichole Finke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, February 16
Design Expo Prep: Portfolio & Resume Critiques
12-1 p.m. Seaton 208
This will fulfill a Special Topic Event or Transition to Career requirement. Prepare for Design Expo, or just improve your portfolio or resume. Faculty will help critique your portfolio, and Career & Employment Services will critique resumes.
Faculty Conference Acceptances
Congratulations to a number of our faculty members who have submitted and had their work accepted into national conferences. Acceptances include:
- Ryadi and Neal: Their paper Theoretical Analysis on Teaching Parti for the Millennia Design Students
- Ryadi: His paper The Initial Search for Identity in Indonesian Modern Architecture
- Ryadi: His poster Reflection on Visual Literacy in Design Education
- Ryadi: His collaborative poster titled Architecture and Restorative Qualities of Comparative nature and Build Environments
- Dave Richter-O'Connell: His poster The Near Environment- The Within-Reach Realm of Multi-Disciplinary Design and Development
- Vibha Jani: Her abstract Cultural Practices, Evens and Transformation of Cultural Space
- Ryadi has had an abstract article titledEnvironment's Impact on Resting State Networks of Functional Brian Connectivity accepted into the Frontiers in Psychology Journal.
Funding Opportunities - Faculty
The Graham Foundation is offering opportunities for grants for both organizations and individuals. Click on one of these links or review the IAPD Opportunities page for more information.
The Big 12 Faculty Fellowship award application is available The deadline is May 1st and they should be submitted electronically. Click here for more information.
Graduate Student Conference
Proposals are being accepted for the South Asia by the Bay IV: The Graduate Conference now until March 1st. The conference seeks to explore questions of exchange, value and relation across the disciplines and in reference to "South Asia" in the world. For more information, click here or ask Vibha Jani.
Project Social Impact
Project Social Impact is a Summer Social Change Incubator for Artists, Educators, Activists and Young Professionals is now accepting applications for their summer experience occurring in August in Massachusetts.
If you have a project idea in the intersection between the arts and social change, you should apply! The two-week summer institute and social change incubator will provide you with the tools and support you need to transform your ideas into a doable project. Click here for more information.
Faculty: It's that time again...textbook adoptions!!!
Textbook Adoptions are due to the bookstore by March 15th. Please make sure you do this ASAP! You can submit through one of the two below options:
- Complete the online adoption form.
- Returning users - sign in using password previously created and follow the instructions to adopt course materials.
- New users - Register for a new account, sign in, and follow instructions.
- The temporary password is 1336
- Submit your course material choices to email@example.com.
- Include author, title, edition, and ISBN to ensure correct edition is ordered.
Graduate Student Development
There are a number of opportunities for Graduate Students to gain important information about development opportunities put on by the Graduate Student Council and Graduate School team. For information about dates and events, click here.
The Peters Valley School of Craft has two positions available for the coming summer. There is an Artist Fellowship Opportunity and aSummer Studio AssistantshipOpportunity. Click here to go to their website and learn more.
9 - Portfolio Basics - 5:30pm - Pierce Commons
11 - Stephen Kieran - Distinguished Lecture - 4pm - Forum Hall
12 - Faculty Meeting - 11:30 - 12:20 - S 202F
12 - Student Council Design Charrette - 7:30pm - McGraw Room
16 - Design Expo Prep: Resume Critique - 12-1pm - Seaton 208
19 - Faculty Meeting - 11:30 - 12:20 - S 202F
20 - Portfolios and Professionals - 1-5 pm - Kansas City
26 - Faculty Meeting - 11:30 - 12:20 - S 202F