Department of Architecture
Your hands-on education is taken to a new level when you step into the 20,000-square foot APDesign Fabrication Laboratory. The Fab Lab is a beautiful space designed to facilitate and support your exploration and fabrication of design solutions. You will work with teaching technicians and fellow students in a state-of-the-art facility featuring an amazing array of equipment and machines.
Design Research Resources
- Contains a variety of general purpose
- Large-bed CNC router
- Plastic thermo-former
Fine Woodworking Lab:
- A variety of traditional woodworking
machines and tools.
Small CNC lab:
- Three small CNC routers for intricate
detailing and joinery.
- High-end sewing machines for a
variety of fabrics and materials.
- Two kilns for molding and forming glass
- Containing a large bed CNC plasma cutter.
- Also offers MIG, TIG and spot welding.
3-D Print Lab:
- Containing five — and counting — 3-D
Model Making Lab:
- A dedicated space for intricate models
and small prototypes.
Center for Design Excellence:
- A large, open space for special design
projects, research and exhibits.
Spray Finish Lab:
- For safely applying high-end finishes and