Master of Science in Community Development
Admission to the MSCD program requires the following (application materials will be submitted on-line while completing the Graduate School application):
- A 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale or GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of coursework.
- Complete the K-State Graduate School application
- Pay the application fee: Domestic $65, International $75
- Statement of intent: Statement of intent should be addressed to LARCP Faculty. Provide a two-three page statement describing why you want to study community development and why you are interested in Kansas State. Be specific about how our program can help you achieve your professional goals and any particular focus areas you hope to pursue. This statement is also an opportunity to tell us about yourself and your aptitude for graduate study in community development.
- Letters of recommendation: Submit three letters of recommendation from previous professors or employers, relative to your ability to handle graduate level work. References should provide an assessment of the applicant including their special aptitude or personal characteristics that make them well suited for the practice of community development as well as graduate study. Specific examples of work or situations that illustrate the assessment are appreciated.
- Transcripts: Please submit two official transcripts that show your undergraduate degree.
- GRE score report: GRE scores are not required.
Please contact the LARCP Academic Advisor for more information.