Summer Design Experience
June 26 - June 29, 2022
- This three-day, faculty-led experience will introduce high school students to the professions of architecture, industrial design, interior architecture, landscape architecture and regional and community planning through exposure to basic environmental design concepts, the creative design process, design technology and hands-on projects in cutting-edge design labs.
- The program will culminate with a final project, allowing students to display the information they have learned during the three-day workshop. Students will engage with and learn from top-notch faculty in the College of Architecture, Planning & Design, and will have the opportunity for individual guidance. Students will also experience campus life at K-State in residence halls, eating at award-winning dining facilities, and participating in social and recreational activities.
Registration is now open for APDesign's Summer Design Experience.
For 2022, APDesign Summer Design Experience at Kansas State University will offer a limited number of scholarships to students who demonstrate financial need. This scholarship is subject to availability of funds.
Summer Design Experience Faculty & Staff
- Kirby Barrett, Assistant Professor, Landscape Architecture
- Dr. Mariana Garcia Junqueira, Assistant Professor, Interior Architecture & Industrial Design
- Adriana Molina (Assisting Faculty), Assistant Professor, Architecture
- Dr. Susmita Rishi, Assistant Professor, Regional & Community Planning
- Cameron Tross, Assistant Professor, Architecture