Summer Design Experience
June 25-28, 2023
College of Architecture, Planning & Design,
We are excited to host our Summer Design Experience at K-State in our state-of-the-art, award-winning facility, where high school students can enjoy our studio labs, meet APDesign professors, and explore their interest in architecture, planning and design professions.
- This three-day, faculty-led experience will introduce high school students to the professions of architecture, industrial design, interior architecture, landscape architecture and regional and community planning through exposure to basic environmental design concepts, the creative design process, design technology and hands-on projects in cutting-edge design labs.
- The program will culminate with a final project, allowing students to display the information they have learned during the three-day workshop. Students will engage with and learn from top-notch faculty in the College of Architecture, Planning & Design, and will have the opportunity for individual guidance. Students will also experience campus life at K-State in residence halls, eating at award-winning dining facilities, and participating in social and recreational activities.
For 2023, APDesign Summer Design Experience at Kansas State University will offer a limited number of scholarships to students who demonstrate financial need. This scholarship is subject to availability of funds. Priority consideration is given to students from Kansas and the KC Metro area.
Summer Design Experience Faculty & Staff
- Kirby Barrett, Assistant Professor, Landscape Architecture
- Dr. Mariana Garcia Junqueira, Assistant Professor, Interior Architecture & Industrial Design
- Adriana Molina (Assisting Faculty), Assistant Professor, Architecture
- Dr. Susmita Rishi, Assistant Professor, Regional & Community Planning
- Cameron Tross, Assistant Professor, Architecture