Clark to serve as executive director of Kansas City Design Center
The Kansas City Design Center , an interdisciplinary, teaching, research and collaborative center sponsored by Kansas State University and the University of Kansas, announces Terrance Clark as the new executive director for the Kansas City Design Center (KCDC), Kansas City, MO.
As Executive Director, Clark will draw upon his experience in the non-profit sector to provide leadership, creative and strategic planning, development and implementation for the Kansas City Design Center. “I look forward to every day being filled with community engagement and educational outreach to benefit the work and enhance the inherent value of creative individuals and organizations; and, meaningful collaborations with entrepreneurial innovators, artists, designers, new ventures, small creative businesses, and advancing local and regional partnerships,” Clark said. Full story
Coming soon to the Cassias Gallery
The Art of Chickening: When Sally began her senior design project, she could never have imagined the way that it would shape her life, her family, and her future. That’s how all meaningful things in life start, as something small and unexpected. Each student was tasked with designing a piece of furniture, and like everyone else, Sally came up with several ideas to present to her professor. “‘What would you think about a footstool shaped like a chicken?’ I said. (Full Story)
APDesign receives top rankings from DesignIntelligence
Kansas State University's College of Architecture, Planning & Design graduate programs in architecture, interior architecture and landscape architecture are once again among the best in the nation, according to annual rankings by DesignIntelligence, the only organization ranking accredited professional programs in architecture, landscape architecture and interior design/architecture.
This year, the graduate program in landscape architecture ranked fourth in the nation overall and first among programs at public institutions. The graduate program in interior architecture ranked seventh nationally and first among programs at public institutions. The graduate program in architecture ranked 20th in the nation and seventh among programs at public institutions..(FULL STORY)
- APDesign professor selected to attend Scholars in Professional Practice program
- Interior architecture & product design students exhibit 'Enlightenment'
- Interior architecture and product design student wins $30,000 scholarship
- Katie Kingery-Page honored with professional award for K-State's Meadow
- Lawrence Scarpa next visiting Victor L. Regnier Chair
- Katie Kingery-Page honored with award for K-State's Meadow
- Associate Professor, Jessica Canfield wins national design competition
- APDesign students earn honors in Regnier video competition
- APDesign students recognized for achievements in APDPro
- APDesign awards Heintzelman and Kremer prizes
- APDesign students compete for top honors in annual Ted and Sue Knapp Delineation Competition
- APDesign professor releases new book 'Linear Thought-Condensation'
- 'Minutes' with award winning APDesign student
- A Special Touch: Students lend talents to commencement
- APDesign Alumni Fellow to present lecture 'Landscapes, Brains and Wellbeing'
- More News Releases