Five APDesign students win in 20th anniversary of Bowman Forum
Outstanding design work by five third-year architecture students in Kansas State University's College of Architecture, Planning & Design, or APDesign, earned honors at the 20th annual Bowman Design Forum on Dec. 7 in Regnier Hall on the Manhattan campus.
Sponsored by BBN Architects Inc. in Manhattan and hosted by APDesign, the forum brought acclaimed architects to campus to discuss work by students in the architecture department. The forum is an opportunity for students to present their work to architecture practitioners and educators for critiques.
One student from each of the department's five third-year studio sections was selected to present his or her design for "The Blue Valley Yacht Club." Each student participant prepared a model, drawings and a digital presentation.
The following students were awarded a total of $4,500 in prizes. All are third-year students as part of APDesign's five-year graduate architecture program.
Matthew Ho, Fairway, received the $2,000 Honor Award; and Alexandra Mesias, Lee's Summit, Missouri, received the $1,000 Special Merit. Garrett Scott, Wichita; Dean Randolph, Chesterfield, Missouri; and Lawson Endicott, Loma Linda, Missouri, were all $500 finalists.
APDesign receives top rankings from DesignIntelligence
Kansas State University's College of Architecture, Planning & Design graduate programs in architecture, interior architecture and landscape architecture are once again among the best in the nation, according to annual rankings by DesignIntelligence, the only organization ranking accredited professional programs in architecture, landscape architecture and interior design/architecture.
This year, the graduate program in landscape architecture ranked fifth in the nation overall and second among programs at public institutions. The graduate program in interior architecture ranked sixth nationally and first among programs at public institutions. The graduate program in architecture ranked 18th in the nation and eighth among programs at public institutions. (FULL STORY)
- Five APDesign students win in 20th anniversary of Bowman Forum
- Lynn Ewanow to be honored as 2018 International Educator of the Year
- APDesign 10-year honorees return to campus
- APDesign colloquium to examine green roofs at Kansas State University
- Ekdahl lecturer Michelle Delk to present 'Generosity: Infrastructure and the Public Realm'
- Leibrock to present 'Residential Design for Health and Longevity'
- Interior architecture & product design student wins $30,000 scholarship
- APDesign again scores top rankings from DesignIntelligence
- Scarpa to present 'Ordinary and Extraordinary' in next APDesign Ekdahl Lecture
- De Noble and Rolley selected as Most Admired Educators
- More News Releases