The nationally ranked College of Architecture, Planning & Design will offer a 10-week accelerated summer studio designed for transfer students from K-State or outside of the university. Completion of this 10-week accelerated summer studio provides access to the second year of the five-year accredited degree programs in architecture, interior architecture and product design, and landscape architecture in the fall semester. (MORE)
Students in Kansas State University's College of Architecture, Planning & Design have been awarded for their achievement in photography through the Thomas A. Tyler/Answers Inc. Architectural & Environmental Photography Competition.
The competition was open to all students in the college. A jury of professionals selected 10 entries to bestow special recognition.
Thomas A. Tyler, a 1974 K-State interior architecture graduate, and his firm, Answers Inc., St. Louis, Missouri, sponsored the competition's prizes. Best in Show earned $200; first places, $200 and second places $100. (MORE)
Photo: "Woven" by Aaron Burson
Best by design: Kansas State University APDesign programs shine in latest rankings by DesignIntelligence
The graduate programs in architecture, interior architecture and landscape architecture offered by Kansas State University's College of Architecture, Planning & Design are among the best in the nation, according to annual rankings by DesignIntelligence.
In addition, DesignIntelligence has selected two of the college's faculty members as among the most outstanding educators in the nation. Tim De Noble, professor and dean of the college, and Stephanie Rolley, professor and head of the landscape architecture and regional & community planning department, were named to DesignIntelligence's 25 Most Admired Educators for 2016-17. Kansas State University is one of only three institutions — and the only public university — with two faculty members to make this distinguished list.
APDesign West Building & Shuttle Schedules
- Five architecture students earn honors at K-State's 18th annual Bowman Design Forum
- APDesign professor Peter Magyar selected as Royal Institute of British Architects fellow
- Promising business ideas earn student entrepreneurs $20,000 from K-State Launch
- Interior architecture & product design students win International Interior Design Association Haute Couture Award
- College of Architecture, Planning & Design honors five 2006 alumni
- Interior architecture & product design graduate wins in national furniture design competition
- Students to present on-campus colloquium about travel experiences with MESA
- Architecture department to host lecture by Nathan Miller on Oct. 17
- Study abroad exhibit on display at College of Architecture, Planning & Design
- College of Architecture, Planning & Design students exhibit Italian studies experience
- Interior architecture & product design students to present at international conference
- APDesign architecture students win special stone design competition
- Landscape architecture professor Jon Hunt publishes 'Poetics of the Konza Prairie
- Regional & community planning student receives national fellowship
- Interior architecture & product design graduate students and professor to present research at upcoming conference
- Architecture professor presents pedagogical research at two international teaching and learning conferences
- Kansas State University Master of Architecture graduates awarded Heintzel
- man, Kremer prizes for outstanding work
- Landscape architecture and regional & community planning professor presents landscape visualization project