Mission and Vision
To be a comprehensive design community comprising all scales of the design and planning endeavor, informed by a culture of inquiry, focused on the significant issues facing our society including environmental stewardship, social equity, economic viability and aesthetic delight in support of the University’s mission as a Land Grant institution.
To be a nationally recognized center of design and planning excellence and a nexus of interdisciplinary engagement, outreach and research serving the University, the profession and society.
In contributing to the aspirations of Kansas State University becoming a top 50 public research university by 2025, APDesign commits to having:
- A creative, stimulating environment that inspires shared learning and creative growth;
- A motivated and compassionate diverse faculty and staff committed to excellent teaching, relevant research and exemplary service to the community and the profession;
- A relevant, dynamic curriculum built on a paradigm of reflective practice;
- An inquisitive, creative and diverse student body, actively engaged as leaders within the College, the University and the profession;
- A network of external constituents who are actively engaged in support and advocacy of the College;
- Sustained funding matched to the objectives and strategies adopted by the College.