Employment / Internships
Project Job Captain | Oculus, Inc.
St. Louis, MO
Oculus Inc. is currently seeking candidates to serve in the design and production support position on project teams. This position is targeted at people who have worked within the architectural profession for 0-5 years. Strong Revit skills and an interest in assisting with CD production is essential. This position will involve working with project and programming data, synthesizing information into floor plans and space layouts, developing approved layouts into developed designs, and assisting with the preparation of construction details and drawings for permit. This person will have an awareness and knowledge of building code and other design standards as well as an interest in good design and client satisfaction. Presently, Oculus Inc. has needs for team members working on commercial interiors, and retail projects.
Oculus deploys advanced technology and information tools throughout our work process. An interest in furthering the use of technology, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and/or working with object-based design within the architectural design process is important to our culture. Successful candidates should possess a well-rounded knowledge of the design/production and construction process, including the following skills, attributes, and credentials:
• Minimum Bachelors in Architecture or Interior Architecture
• Working knowledge of the current version of Autodesk Revit is essential, and fluency in Revit modeling, CD production, and family creation would be a significant advantage.
• Working knowledge of other industry standard software such as AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS SharePoint and other software tools. Working knowledge of 3D rendering and BOMA calculations is important.
• Basic knowledge of Interior architectural detailing skills.
• Team-oriented approach to project delivery. Experience coordinating the work of engineering sub consultants and construction administration support.
• Ability to organize the work process, accurately evaluate the time necessary to complete the work, and communicate effectively across the team and with the client.
• Ability to interpret space needs and program data, and convert it into workable floor plans.
• Ability to understand and manage workflow in coordination with project fees and billings.
• Basic knowledge of building systems, building codes, and ADA requirements.
Posted 20 March 2017
Entry Level / Internships | Torgeson Design Partners
We’re a mid-sized firm specializing in diversity. We do everthing from high-end retail such as Bass Pro Shops, to healthcare such as air medical bases - and everything in between. We’re located in the Springfield area, one of the nation’s top communities for young people.
Don’t believe us? Check out the Springfield lifestyle!
At Torgerson Design Partners, there is no typical day. It’s an ever-changing work environment with the chance to work on everything from hospitality to entertainment, education to corporate. It’s a very hands-on office with access to all facets of architecture. From schematic design meetings, to working with and building relationships with clients, to job site visits - you can do it all.
At TDP, we believe in enjoying our work. We love what we do and it shows. If you’re committed to creating high quality design solutions and are looking for a place to build a rewarding career, TDP is the place for you. We offer strong employee perks because we value people and believe that our team is our strongest asset. We offer competitive salaries, paid time off, retirement plans, monthly office events and encouragement of professional growth and accreditations - NCARB, AXP, AIA.
We are looking for talented professionals with:
- Two years of practice experience, or less if you’re a fast learner
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Competence in AutoDesk - Revit and AutoCad
- Passion for architecture and eagerness to grow professionally
- A professional degree (or in progress) from a NAAB-accredited institution
- Collaboration and communication skills
- The high motivation of a problem solver extraordinaire
- Creativity and a strong desire to learn
Does this sound like you? Send resume and work samples to:
Posted 17 March 2017
Architect I/II | Missouri State Historic Preservation Office
The Missouri State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), Department of Natural Resources, is seeking an Architect I/II to perform a variety of duties. The Jefferson City-based position involves the review of state and federal historic tax credit rehabilitation projects; monitoring construction/development historic preservation grants, covenants and easements; providing preservation technical assistance for property owners; and assisting with federal Section 106 Review, etc.
More information about the Architect I/II position can be found at: https://mocareers.mo.gov/Details?id=6118.
Please direct questions about the application process to Tiffani Martin, Personnel Analyst II, Human Resources Program, at email@example.com. To be considered for this SHPO position, please complete a paper application (https://oa.mo.gov/personnel/job-applicants/missouri-merit-system/paper-application-merit-system-employment) for the Architect I/II position before 11:59 p.m., March 31, 2017. The Missouri Department of Natural Resources is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted 07 March 2017
Fellowship | ESKEW+DUMEZ+RIPPLE
2017/18 Fellowship Program | Mysterious Skin
Eskew+Dumez+Ripple is a design firm with an international practice but with deep roots in its home city of New Orleans. Winner of the 2014 AIA Firm Award, our built work has been honored by over 100 local, regional, national, and international awards for design excellence and environmental performance. We invest heavily in our community and in research.
Posted 28 February 2017
Entry-Level Architect | SJCF Architecture
Your future starts here. At SJCF Architecture in Wichita, Kansas, we work together to make great design happen. If you are an entry-level architect (0-3 years’ experience) who is personable, motivated and team-oriented, we’d love to talk to you.
We provide impressive perks and beneﬁts as well as the chance to be involved in a wide variety of projects. We also support our team members in their professional development through continuing education programs, professional training, community involvement and a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Summer Internship | SJCF Architecture
Your future starts here. At SJCF Architecture in Wichita, Kansas, we work together to make great design happen. If you are a student intern who is personable, motivated and team-oriented, we’d love to talk to you.
We provide the chance to be involved in a wide variety of projects; from corporate to education to recreation, your experience with different sectors of architecture will multiply.
Posted 24 February 2017
Summer Internship | M + H Architects
St. Louis, MO
Our priority is delivering innovative and high quality designs that meet our client’s budgets and exceed their expectations. We are a service oriented company, located in St. Louis, Missouri, that prides ourselves on responsiveness, accuracy and creativity. We want to combine fresh unique ideas with our cutting edge technology to continue to create revolutionary designs.
As a summer intern with M+H you may be designing spaces for a variety of markets including corporate, educational, recreation, retail, and industrial. You will be working with state-of-the-art 3D modeling and immersive design technology in a modern open office with the support of over 27 team members with a wide range of experience.
Learn more about M+H Architects at http://www.mha.us.com and be sure to follow us on Twitter @M_H_Architects and Facebook.
Check out the poster here!
Posted 23 February 2017
Summer Design Fellowship | Be Original Americas
New York City, NY
Be Original Americas is launching a call for student applications for its design fellowship program. This year's deadline has been extended until March 7, 2017. This is a great opportunity, which will award the winners with a $3,500 grant : http://www.beoriginalamericas.com/fellowship/
The non-profit organization, dedicated to advocating for authentic design, is offering two undergraduate students who have completed at least 2 years of study the opportunity for a 7-week immersive fellowship program to learn: Design / Research / Manufacturing / Sales / Marketing / Distribution / Digital Promotion / Public Relations. Find the poster here.
Each section of the fellowship will focus on a different aspect of the process from the perspective of Be Original Americas member companies, supplemented by visits to their showrooms, headquarters, and factories in New York City and throughout the United States. The companies enrolled so far are: Bernhardt Design, Carnegie, Design Within Reach, Emeco, Flavor Paper, FLOS, Herman Miller, Rich Brilliant Willing, and Vitra. Read more from the website here.
Posted 17 February 2017
Summer Design Fellowship | Shepley Bulfinch
Our Fellowship gives a promising architecture student the opportunity to spend ten weeks this summer immersed in real design problems and collaborative solutions in our Boston design studio. Past Fellows have come from architecture schools throughout the country and a number have gone on to join our architectural staff. The 2017 Fellowship offers an $8,000 stipend, with a $3,000 honorarium on its successful completion. It is open to all students who are, at date of submission, enrolled in an NAAB-accredited B.Arch. or M.Arch. degree program. Check out the poster here!
Posted 10 February 2017
Summer Internship | NBBJ
NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
Our internships are unique in the maximization of the learning experiences of both the students and our staff. You will be paired with a mentor within your studio or project team and meet monthly with other summer interns via video across our U.S. locations.
You will gain experience in all phases of the design process, by working closely with architects and designers on a specific project(s) as an integral member of the project team. Projects vary in size and scope, ranging from complex healthcare facilities, court houses and corporate buildings and interiors to international high-rise competitions. This is a full-time, paid internship that will last a minimum of eight weeks to be completed anytime between May and September.
If you are passionate about design, willing to take risks and be a part of a high-performing team, we are looking for you.
What you will need to Succeed:
- Fearlessly creative, enthusiastic, inquisitive and passionate about design
- Collaborative, team-oriented with integrated design and leadership capabilities
- Possess strong written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Have an aptitude for digital software including: Revit, 3DS Max, SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Grasshopper, Ecotect
- Have strong physical model building skills
Summer Internship Eligibility: Must be currently enrolled in a U.S.-based higher education program and returning to school in the Fall. Selected candidates will receive a formal offer letter; students not selected will also receive notification via email.
Please remember to submit a portfolio of your work to be considered, no larger than 4 MB.
Please visit our Career Center to apply on-line: http://www.nbbj.com/careers/
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Posted 06 February 2017
Employment - BIM/CAD Specialist | through Premier Employment Services
Established architecture firm in the Topeka area has an immediate opening for a BIM/CAD Specialist. This is a company with a great culture and environment along with a solid team approach. The firm is eager to find more talent that is passionate about architecture and can continue to bring the creativity and attention to detail that their clients come to expect.
• Produces Architectural/Building construction documents using Revit and AutoCAD
• Understands Architectural/Building design requirements and detailing standards
• Demonstrates understanding of client, project and team requirements
• Ability to understand and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
• Complete construction drawings in a timely manner, manage deadlines and prioritize assignments
• 1-5 years’ of experience in the field of Architecture
• Associates or Bachelor degree in Drafting/Design/Architecture preferred
• Working at an Architect Firm previously is an advantage
• Proficiency in Revit/BIM and AutoCAD. Knowledge of other relevant software (Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, etc.) is a plus
• Experience creating a set of construction documents
• Knowledge of materials, construction techniques and building codes
• Ability to produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
For additional information contact: Gavin Garman – Premier Employment Solutions
Posted 31 January 2017
Internship Summer 2017 | Callison RTKL
The Dallas office seeks a motivated and energized interior designer, architecture or landscape architecture student to join its Healthcare, Retail and/or Commercial Practice Group(s) for a summer internship of 8-12 weeks for academic credit.
- Supports the project team through entry-level design and technical tasks
- Revises drawings and renderings
- Conducts research for the project team
- Produces graphic presentations and builds study models
- Performs calculations and basic analytical tasks
- Organizes files, materials, and displays
- Learns to manage workload within a context of schedules and work plans
- Works on multiple projects and collaborates with team members
- Begins to understand the process of time management, project planning, concept, and design
- Minimum of three years undergraduate education in a design-related field
- Knowledge of Revit
- Knowledge of Rhino 3D printing, Grasshopper, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp a plus
Posted 31 January 2017
Internship Summer 2017 | Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM) is pleased to announce that the application process for our 2017 Summer Internship Program is now open.
We are seeking the best emerging talent to join us this summer in our Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC and London offices.
Selected candidates will gain hands-on project experience in architecture, interiors, structural engineering, sustainable engineering and urban design.
In order to be considered, your current students who are returning to study in the Fall of 2017 should apply by March 20, 2017. Details and requirements can be found at www.som.com/about/careers.
Decisions will be announced the week of April 3, 2017 and the internship program will run from June 5 - August 11, 2017.
For questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 25 January 2017
Entry Level Architect - Draftsmen | John B. Murray Architect, LLC
New York City, NY
Seeking graduating seniors or alumnae who are qualified and interested in entry level architect/draftsmen positions. We are seeking to hire at least two junior level architects and possibly an architect with 5-8 years of comparable experience.
At John B. Murray Architect we take pride in forward-thinking collaborations with interior designers, landscape architects and builders; in optimal use of innovative energy-efficient and green building concepts; and incorporating leading-edge technologies. Engaging closely with clients and artisans, the firm’s success lies in drawing upon the rich legacy of classicism to achieve an enduring architectural presence that speaks to the needs, expectations and desires of contemporary life.
We are currently a 20-person studio, 2016 recipient of the Stanford White Award. We have directed successful projects throughout the country, including the President’s House at Yale University, a Beaux-Arts-inspired estate in Dallas, Texas, a seaside estate in Sea Island, Georgia, a historic restoration of a miner’s cabin in Aspen, Colorado; as well as the completion of numerous townhouses and apartments.
Posted 25 January 2017
Internship Summer 2017 | K-State Research and Extension
The Dane G. Hansen & K-State Research and Extension internship gives college students the opportunity to link classroom learning with a pre-professional work experience. The intern will work in Lincoln, KS to help develop an architectural plans and schematic designs for a vacant historic high school in Lincoln, KS.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The old Lincoln High School has been vacant for approximately 20 years and is deteriorating rapidly. Although there has not been discussion for reuse of the building, the community would like to begin exploring ideas and build momentum for redevelopment. Through the guidance of a steering committee and several public input sessions, the intern will measure the building, create basic architectural plans and create conceptual plans and renderings for the building’s reuse.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 17, 2017
EMPLOYMENT: May 29, 2017 to August 4, 2017
• Measure and create basic architectural floor plans of the building.
• With the assistance of the steering committee, gather public input on potential needs of the community that could be filled by the building’s redevelopment.
• Create conceptual drawings of the ideas so their viability may be further analyzed by potential developers.
• Assist with the creation of a park master plan and walking trails being coordinated by the landscape architecture intern.
• Meet with local boards and civic and service organizations as needed to explain and conduct the identified project.
• Community service or volunteering with a community organization is highly encouraged. This would be outside of the scope of the designated project and working hours.
• Participate in any professional staff development that may be available.
• Complete other responsibilities assigned by the mentoring supervisor.
This position may require travel connected with official duties, including attendance at night and weekend meetings, participation in out-of-county events, access to a personal vehicle, and a driver’s license. The intern is required to provide their own computer and software such as Revit or AutoCAD.
An orientation will be held on the K-State campus on May 22, 2017.
• Completion of at least six university semesters (will need to have reached at least junior status by the 2017 fall semester at any college or university).
• KSU students from NW Kansas and majoring in architecture are preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals, groups, and through mass media and social media.
• Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Experience working with individuals, groups, and co-workers to accomplish individual and/or group goals, as evidenced by previous leadership roles.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$14.00 per hour. 40 hours per week. Maximum 400 hours
The host community will provide housing.
Submit resume, cover letter, transcripts, portfolio or online pictures of work and list of references using the Kansas State University job application site:
For more information about the position, contact Nadine Sigle, Community Vitality Extension Specialist, 785-346-6256, email@example.com or Kelly Larson, Lincoln County Economic Development Foundation, Executive Director, 785-524-8954, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about K-State Research and Extension, visit: www.ksre.k-state.edu
February 17, 2017 - Application Deadline
February 20 – March 10, 2017 - Interviews conducted
March 17, 2017 - Offers made to applicants
March 20 – May 12, 2017 - Visit to host community
May 29, 2017 - Internship start date
Posted 17 January 2017
Scholarship Award + Internship | Women and Minorities | Summer 2017
MOA ARCHITECTURE (MOA) offers an annual merit based private scholarship award + paid summer internship (plus paid travel and living expense reimbursement) to students in accredited architectural programs. Total value to the students is typically in excess of $12,000.
It is our intent that this Scholarship Award + Internship opportunity rewards and challenges students with practical experience in concert with the individual’s educational experience, and further stimulates their passion and interest in a career in architecture. The summer of 2017 will be the 10th year of our program, and it has proven to be a rewarding experience for the students and MOA.
For summer 2017, we offer the Robert L. Outland Women and Minority Scholarship + Internship. Named in honor of our founding principal and an Oklahoma Choctaw Native American, this award was established to recognize and reward entering fifth year, or graduate level women and minority students in an accredited architectural program (who will be returning to school in Fall 2017 following the internship). This Scholarship + Internship is specifically intended for students who demonstrate their passion for architecture, high academic achievement and design ability.
We have chosen to limit opportunity on an every-other year basis (odd numbered years) specifically for those under-represented in the profession - women and minority students through the Robert L. Outland Scholarship. In alternating even numbered years (next opportunity summer 2018) we offer the Kiyoshi Murata Scholarship + Internship, which is open to all students.
Submittals are due in January 2017, so we ask that you share this opportunity for the summer of 2017 with your students during this fall term and invite them to visit our Scholarship + Internship page http://moaarch.com/scholarship/ where they can learn more about MOA ARCHITECTURE, this opportunity and the application/submission requirements.
Below is an informational flyer:
Posted 17 January 2017
Entry Level Position | CASCO
Sunset Hills, MO
We are interested in adding to our Architectural staff at the entry level, providing continued growth in technical aspects of construction documents and design.
We provide an environment that allows for growth based on abilities.
CASCO is a full service Architectural & Engineering firm employing over 130 staff members.
CASCO's headquarters are conveniently located in Sunset Hills, Missouri with regional offices in Portland OR and Edison NJ. Our professional staff is currently licensed in as Architects and Engineers in every state except Alaska.
We offer a broad spectrum of "in house" services including Architectural Design, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. CASCO supports our clients through all stages of their projects ... Due Diligence, Feasibility Analysis, Concept Developing, Design Development, Technical Construction Documents, and Construction Phase Services.
Through the years CASCO has developed several areas of expertise. Among the most significant of these is Implementation on a nationwide basis for clients in the Commercial, Industrial and Institutional industries; with special emphasis in the Retail, Education, Hospitality, Urgent Care, Senior Living, Office and DC sectors.
Visit our website at www.cascocorp.com for additional information.
CASCO offers the benefits of a large company with the spirit of a small firm.
Interested parties can send inquiries to: CASCO AE_HR Group email@example.com
Posted 21 November 2016
_Interested in advertising an employment opportunity on this page? Email the full announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org