Master of Landscape Architecture
Admission to the MLA program requires the following (application materials will be submitted online; please do not mail hard copy materials):
- A 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale or GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of coursework.
- K-State Graduate School application
- Application fee: Domestic $65, International $75
- Statement of intent: Statement of intent should be addressed to LARCP Faculty. Provide a two-three page statement describing why you want to study landscape architecture and why you are interested in Kansas State. Be specific about how our program can help you achieve your professional goals and any particular focus areas you hope to pursue. This statement is also an opportunity to tell us about yourself and your aptitude for graduate study in landscape architecture.
- Letters of recommendation: Submit three letters of recommendation from previous professors or employers, relative to your ability to handle graduate level work. References should provide an assessment of the applicant including their special aptitude or personal characteristics that make them well suited for the practice of landscape architecture as well as graduate study. Specific examples of work or situations that illustrate the assessment are appreciated.
- Transcripts: Please upload transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended.
- GRE score report: GRE scores are not required.
- Portfolio: A portfolio is required of applicants with a design background and is welcome but not required from other applicants. The portfolio may include design projects, research projects, samples of written work, and other examples of creative and/or research efforts.
- TOEFL/IELTS report (international students only): International applicants who are submitting iBT TOEFL (internet based) scores must have a minimum total score of 95 with no part score below 25 on the reading, listening and writing sections. Applicants who are submitting an IELTS score must have a minimum total score of 7.0 with part scores of 7.0 or higher on the reading, listening, and writing sections.
- Affidavit of Financial Support (international students only): Each application must be accompanied by the Affidavit of Financial Support verifying that financial support is available for the student while attending Kansas State University.
- Photocopy of Passport (international students only)
All admitted students to the MLA program will be required to purchase a computer that meets department specifications. Please see, Purchasing a PC, to view an example of this requirement. Please note that if you are admitted, your requirements will vary.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.