Over the semester, IAPD students and faculty had the opportunity to receive feedback and critiques from a number of individuals, both professional and peer. Each guest offers a unique perspective to student projects that help increase their quality. IAPD would like to thank the following individuals for donating their time and talents to us over the Fall Semester.
Katrina Lewis’ IAPD 307 and ENVD
- RCP - Huston Gibson, Larry Lawhon
- CONFLUENCE, ShelterBox - Terry Berkbuegler
- K-State – Maxine Ganske, Elliott Joern, Connor Privett, Sarah Kershner, Kurt Andre, Jay Marcus
David Richter-O’Connell IAPD 435 and IAPD 416
- K-State - Dr. Bronwyn Fees, Prof. Malgorzata Rys, Katie Mayes, Michael Oetken, Thomas Jackson, Steve Davidson, Dustin Headley, Vibha Jani, Katherine Ankerson, , Neal Hubbell, Maxine Ganske, Early Childhood Development & Hoeflin Stone House Early Childhood Education Center Staff, Dr. Timothy Keane
- KEM Studio - Jonathon Kemnitzer
- HON - Scott Schultz, Kayla Sorensen
- Flint Hills Discovery Center – Fred Goss, Roy Garret, Jared Bixby
- Milwaukee Art Museum - David Russik (guest lecturer for the Beach Art Museum)
- Fort Riley and Eco-Management - Christopher Otto, Steven Wahle, Eric Zenk
- Konza Prairie Research Station personnel
Vibha Jani and Neal Hubbell - IAPD 810 (Capstone)
- Steelcase – Bill Coble, Shannon Redetzke, Kate Ward
- Hoefer Wysocki Architects, LLC – Lyndsee Johnson
- Populous - Thomas Jones, Beth Dringenberg
- Topeka Rehabilitation Staff – Cindy Stienback
- Center for Engagement and Venter for Design – Myles Alexander, David Proctor
Donna Fullmer – IAPD 801
- Populous – Sierra Cuda, Erin Hurd, Thomas Jones
- ALSC (Spokane) – Scott Gibson
- Gensler (Chicago) – Ross Ullrich
- Scott Rice – Staci Reed
- Herman Miller – Andrea Nelson
Neal Hubbell - IAPD 801
- 360 Architecture – Matt Kastel, Eric Lineborger, Jacob Littell, Alyssa Wehmneller
Survey of Design
- Populous – Adam Stover
Rod Troyer, Steve Davidson, David Brown - IAPD 802/803 and 813/814
- Furniture Designer - Yon Olewnik
Wherever you are during this holiday, I wish for you the Peace of the season, a Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays. Travel safely and make the most of the time you have with the people around you.
We have several individuals, firms, and industry partners to thank for a successful semester and you will see a list of them below.
This is the last newsletter of 2013, the next one will be published on January 6, 2014. Looking forward to a wonderful and impactful Spring semester and 2014!
News and Events
Congratulations to Professor Dave Richter-O'Connell and Andrea Blair, Director of the Student Access Center, who were successful in their proposal to the Green Action Fund for Showcase Sustainability/Renewable Energy.
Professor Ryadi Adityavarman's submission Search of Identity in Early Modern Indonesian Architecture has been selected for oral presentation at EDRA45NewOrleans, and his abstract has also been selected for publication in the Conference Proceedings. Congratulations!
IAPD works closely with a number of vendors for student projects and because of our working relationships, companies often donate supplies to help students complete their furniture projects. IAPD would like to thank the following individuals and businesses for donating this semester.
- Flexwood.com - Greg Hubler, CEO
- Hafele - Paul Kiefer
During our 3rd and 4th year field trips this Fall to Dallas and Chicago, there are numerous individuals and firms who made the experiences both valuable and memorable.
Chicago Presentations & Tours
-IA - Ann Marie Krol
-Perkins + Will - Fred Schmidt
-Gensler - Ross Ullrich
-Knoll - Nancy Munson
-Teknion - Nick Gillissie
-Steelcase - Madelyn Hankins
-Herman Miller - Linda Atha
Dallas Presentations & Tours
-Lang Lighting - Andy Lang
-HKS - Jessica Mabry
-Corgan Architecture - Annie Carolla
-The Lauck Group - Brigitte Preston
-Gensler - Amie Keener
-TXS Industrial Design - Tim Terleski
-M2 Studio - Michael Potts
Showrooms: Edelman Leather, Herman Miller, Poggen Pohl, Schott & Cooner, DesignTex, Kravit
And, Diana Blom's Parents for hosting the students for dinner!
Mon Dec 23 – Final Grades Due
Mon Dec 23 – Jan 21 – Winter Break (Student)
Wed Dec 25 – Jan 1 – IAPD Office Closed
Wed Jan 15 - IAPD Course Share Day (Faculty) 8-5
Thurs Jan 16 - IAPD Faculty Retreat 1-5
Tues, Jan 21 – First day of Spring Semester