IAPD 50th Anniversary Celebration - Spring 2015
As we prepare for our 50th Anniversary celebration, we wish to bring together students, alumni, and friends to envision a brand mark that embodies Interior Architecture & Product Design - where we have been and where we are going!
- Work in teams to design the brand mark and thematic overlay for our 50th Anniversary celebration. The design will be used for Save the Date cards, Invitations, digital media, etc.; as well as printing on a variety of merchandise from T-shirts and aprons to cups, the heading for posters and other printed materials.
- Current students, alumni, and friends of IAPD.
- We need you to send an email indicating your interest in participating to IAPD@ksu.edu. Alumni, be sure to include the year you graduated.
- You may request a pairing, or we will team up alumni with present students to work together on the graphic submission.
- Judging will occur by a highly qualified team of individuals and the winners will be awarded a cash prize! All of the submissions will show up in some way during our celebration.
- Send your interest by July 24, 2014. (email IAPD@ksu.edu)
- 5:00 PM September 1, 2014.
Details and design parameters for the collaboration will be sent out at the time the teams are announced.
BOXhattan is taking place Monday, July 21 from 8:15-9:30 am as a part of Grandparents University and needs supplies. If you have extra boxes (shoe box size is preferred), construction paper, glue sticks or any craft supplies, please bring them to Courtney's office (303g).
Interior architecture & product design students finalists in national furniture design competition
Ten recent or upcoming master's graduates from the interior architecture & product design program at Kansas State University have been selected to compete at the International Woodworking Fair's annual Design Emphasis Student Furniture Design Competition.
The students were named finalists in the competition, which will be part of the International Woodworking Fair, Aug. 20-23, in Atlanta, Georgia. In all, 11 works by the Kansas State University students were selected for the competition finals, accounting for more than one-fourth of the 40 entries that will vie for more than $10,000 in prize money.
To be accepted, students submitted slides and a written description of their projects in May to the event's judges, who then chose the finalists.
The students, all 2014 master's graduates in interior architecture and product design, and their projects selected as finalists include:
Teresa Siegele, Fredonia, Gwyn Chair;Evan Gray, Sling Back Chair, andAnthony Ngo, Angles Table,both from Manhattan; Richard Thompson, Olathe, Tiki Lounge Chair and Helix Spring Stool; Melissa Still, Topeka, Retro Slipper Chair;Kate Moeder, Wichita, Soren Table.
From out of state: Laura Stockdell, Blue Spring, Missouri, Carved Side Table; Colton Vaughn, St. Joseph, Missouri, 7 Stool; and Adam Gonzalez, Houston, Texas, Tattooed Slat Chair.
The National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) is celebrating 25 years of service to architects, builders, manufacturers, building code officials, and most importantly, consumers. NFRC is calling for student films that are 5 minutes or less that make windows, doors and/or skylights a central focus. There are monetary scholarships awarded to the top 3 films. The deadline is August 1, 2014: https://nfrccommunity.site-ym.com/?Filmcontest
Vision42Design is holding a competition for its proposal for river-to-river, auto-free light rail boulevard for 42nd street in New York City. The winner will receive $10,000. The registration deadline is September 8, 2014: https://ui.constantcontact.com/rnavmap/emcf/email/edit?flow=edit&camefrom=view&campaign=84503ede-12ff-4260-b2cc-69756a8dc9c6