Employment / Internships
_Interested in advertising an employment opportunity on this page? Email the full announcement to email@example.com
Intern Architect | KPE Engineers ▪ Architects ▪ Forensic Experts
KPE Engineers - Architects is looking to hire an Intern Architect with at least 2 years of professional office experience.
Intern Architects perform architectural assignments under direction, but not immediate supervision. They work from designs of others, compile data, perform design tasks, and assist in the drafting of schematic, design development and contract documents. They are expected to continue to develop a thorough knowledge of architectural drafting, detailing, building materials, codes and construction. Intern Architects may consult with manufacturers, evaluate materials and assist in architectural specifications and report writing, depending on complexity of individual assignments.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture from an accredited university
- Minimum of two years of related experience in all phases of architectural production and detailing required
- On a licensure track or currently working towards licensure
- Proficient in Revit; Rendering software experience desired
- Willingness to make the required time commitment to meet project and company obligations
- Great listening and communication skills
- Results oriented and willingness to work with minimal supervision. Ability to communicate an understanding of assignments and expectations
- Work with Project Architect to produce, develop, and detail all phases of a project through construction documents
- Produce high quality, accurate presentation, design, and construction documents
- Independently apply standard architectural techniques and procedures to architectural assignments
- Perform code research
- Assist in design conceptualization
- Assist in construction administration of projects
- Assist in development of project specifications and cost estimates
- Remain flexible and perform a variety of tasks as needed on a project
KPE Engineers - Architects has the resources, diverse project knowledge, client base and stability to provide a rewarding place to build your career. We believe in providing a positive learning environment in order to help staff advance their career and meet personal goals. In addition to providing an excellent salary commensurate with experience, KPE provides a comprehensive health package, paid time-off, 401K with fully vested company match, continuing educational assistance, company events, and a great environment! Visit kpe-inc.com to learn more about KPE.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org — place “Resume” in Subject line.
Posted 1 August 2018
Entry-Level Architect | Studio A Architecture, LLC
Kansas City, MO
Studio A Architecture, LLC is currently seeking a qualified candidate with 0-3 years’ experience to join our team. Candidates must be highly motivated and quick learners with a desire to be involved in all aspects of a project. Studio A Architecture is a small architectural firm located in the heart of the Kansas City Crossroads District who believes in a collaborative approach to design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Bluebeam and Photoshop.
- Organized, self-motivated individual with a passion to learn
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- Perform drafting support on a variety of project types
- Assist on project development through all phases of the design
- Create presentation graphics
If interested please submit cover letter, resume, and work samples to Nicole Curry at email@example.com. To learn more about Studio A Architecture please visit our website at sa-arch.com.
Posted 25 July 2018
Architect I-II | Missouri State Historic Preservation Office, Department of Natural Resources
Jefferson City, MO
The Missouri State Historic Preservation Office is recruiting individuals whom may be interested in applying for consideration for an Architect I-II vacancy we have in our office.
This position involves the review of state and federal tax rehab projects, Section 106 rehab projects, and Historic Preservation Fund grants; providing technical assistance to and creating educational materials for certified local governments and property owners; and monitoring and tracking covenants and easements.
Applicants should possess the following qualities:
- Knowledge of historic architecture and the Secretary of the Interior’s (SOI) Standards for Rehabilitation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with state and federal agencies, consultants, developers, local preservation commissions and the general public
- Ability to plan, organize, track and carry out varied and complex assignments
- Knowledge of federal law and regulations relating to the Treatment of Historic Properties, Section 106, and the National Register of Historic Places
- Ability to learn and comprehend new programs, methodologies and techniques
- Experience reviewing technical aspects of architectural plans and drawings
- Familiarity with word processing software, scanners and cameras
Please click here for more details about this exciting career opportunity.
Follow this link to apply for this position and select the best Paper Application option to suit your preference from option 1, 2, or 3.
Posted 25 July 2018
Architectural Designer/Intern | Aeroteck
A qualified candidate will be a team-oriented individual willing to collaborate with all levels of staff. Candidates should have effective communication skills as well as the ability to present confidently to clients and in internal design charettes. The candidate must be able to manage and produce documents on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include all phases of design from Master Planning and Concept Design through Construction Administration phases, Project Management and client contact. REVIT experience is a must. SketchUp, 3ds max and Adobe creative suite experience is preferred.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university.
- Proficiency with Revit
- Multitasking skills are a must
- Candidates should be organized, ambitious, positive-minded individuals
- Candidates must have the ability to manage the design of multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously, Consult with clients on the job site, and have excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience with rendering and modeling software (preferably Sketchup, 3DS Max)
Employment type: Full Time
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US and sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please contact Jame Roan at 913-333-5610 if you are interested and visit our website at https://www.aerotek.com/en
Posted 3 July 2018
Project Architect | UPWARD ARCHITECTURE
UPWARD Architecture is seeking a talented Project Architect with a minimum of 5 years of experience to join our growing firm. Our work blurs the line between architecture and interior design, so candidates must be willing and able to work on a variety of project types. Job responsibilities will include design exploration, presentation and production drawings, digital modeling/rendering, technical research and detailing,consultant coordination, and construction administration.
UPWARD is a small, Seattle-based, design focused Architecture and Interiors firm currently working on numerous hospitality, winery/distillery, adaptive reuse, and custom residential projects in Washington State. For more information on our work and ethos, visit www.upwardarchitecture.com.
– A portfolio that demonstrates a thoughtful and rigorous design process
– Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, SketchUP, Photoshop, MS Office Suite, and hand drawing/sketching
– Verbal, written, and graphic skills necessary to communicate concepts and design solutions to team members, clients, consultants and contractors
– A passion for elegant detailing and material selection/specification that reinforce a project’s design intent
– Ability to work collaboratively and independently on design, presentation, and construction documentation efforts
– Ability to research and resolve technical issues
– Professional Degree in Architecture
– Working knowledge of the International Building Code and local/regional (Seattle, King County, etc.) permitting processes as they relate to the project and its design
Our office is a fun and informal studio atmosphere in the Inscape Arts building in the International District. We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays and time off, and financial support for continuing education. Please email résumé and work examples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org; we’ll follow up with additional information or to schedule an interview should your skillset match our opening.
Posted 11 April 2018
Entry Level Architect | Lewis Associates Architects
Ponca City, OK
Lewis Associates Architects is looking for a highly motivated and goal oriented person who puts the customer first. Our firm’s 24 year history in and around Ponca City, OK is based on being there for the client, no matter what the size of the project. In addition, the small size of our office provides unique opportunities to participate in every aspect of design, production and construction administration. See the variety of our work at www.laa1.com
Below are the essential job responsibilities and qualifications that we are seeking in the successful candidate:
- Perform drafting on projects of varying complexity with supervision using REVIT and AutoCAD software.
- Help with project development and design from the inception of the project and into construction drawings.
- Coordinate design drawings between all disciplines (i.e. Architectural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Structural & Specialty Consultants)
- Develop presentation materials, models, and renderings for client meetings
Project Architect Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited Architecture Program
- 0-2 years professional experience
- A commitment to community engagement
- Strong design and drafting skills
- Construction drawing documentation
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit a plus
- NCARB accreditation or state license is not required.
We may accept on a case-by-case basis candidates for internships prior to graduation.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and visit our website at www.laa1.com
Posted 10 April 2018
SOM Year One | SOM
SOM is pleased to introduce a program for graduates seeking to jumpstart their career in architecture, engineering, urban planning, or interior design. We call it Year One.
Open to students completing a degree in 2018, Year One combines an entry-level opportunity with an accelerated program for professional development. Our first "incoming class" will supplement their project-based work with a range of activities and creative initiatives to help them get the most out of their first year at SOM. Selected participants will be paired with senior-level mentors, join colleagues on site visits, explore our project archives, receive resources to succeed on the ARE exam, and more.
A PDF with full program can be found here.
The 2018 Year One application period begins on Thursday, February 22 and ends June 1, 2018. Interested candidates should apply here from February 22: www.som.com/yearoneapplication
Posted 6 March 2018
Department of Architecture | College of Architecture, Planning & Design
1088 Seaton Hall | Manhattan KS 66506-2902 | 785-532-5953 | firstname.lastname@example.org