Employment / Internships
_Interested in advertising an employment opportunity on this page? Email the full announcement to email@example.com.
Internship Spring 2019 | Hight Jackson Associates
Hight Jackson Associates is an architecture firm located in Northwest Arkansas. Northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing regions in the country. Our office is located in Rogers, AR and we are seeking creative and experienced architecture students for internships who are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program. Applicants must be eligible to graduate within one year after returning to school. As an intern, you will be paid as a full time employee and your employment will be from January 2019 through May 2019.
Our firm’s culture is based on collaboration, quality, and exceeding clients’ expectations. Interns will have the opportunity to collaborate on design teams, produce high quality renderings, and participate in client meetings. There will also be opportunities to learn construction administration duties at job sites throughout the region.
Applicants need to have experience using Revit/BIM software and AutoCad. You will also need to be proficient in using 3D Modeling software such as: SketchUp, Rhino, 3Ds Max, or other modeling software equivalents. Adobe Creative Suite experience is also recommended.
Please send resume to Brian Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org and Gail Shepherd at email@example.com.
Posted 19 November 2018
Internship - Spring 2019 | Gensler
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 45+ offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer's brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful. As an intern in Gensler's Houston office, you will join our creative student environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning approximately January 2019 and ending May 2019. You must be available for the entire duration of the program.
What You Will Do During This Internship:
- You will have an exciting opportunity to work on architecture projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team, participating in design charrettes and learning sessions focused on delivering a successful project for our clients, large or small
- In addition to hands-on learning, you will experience educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include lectures, project tours, vendor visits and a group project
- You will also enjoy the rich culture of our firm and the broader office community through a number of events and learning opportunities focused on supporting your professional licensure efforts.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Architecture; NAAB accredited program highly preferred
- You have completed your third year of an undergraduate program or first year of a graduate program
- You are returning to your program after the internship and will be graduating within one year
- You submit an online portfolio that demonstrates design process and innovative design solutions (PDF format with 2-4 work samples)
- Experience using Revit required, AutoCAD, and/or BIM modeling software a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- 3-D computer rendering skills (SketchUp, 3ds Max, and/or other modeling software)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Hand sketching ability a plus
How to Apply
Submit an online application on Gensler.com/Careers, including a resume, cover letter, and portfolio, including work samples (PDF 10 MB max in total, or a link to your online portfolio). Submissions without a portfolio/work samples will not be considered. This posting will remain open until November 30, 2018.
View the full posting here.
Posted 22 October 2018
Graduate Building Enclosure Consultant | Walter P Moore
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructural challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we engineer solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 600+ professionals working across 18 US offices and 5 international locations.
- M.S. in Architectural Engineering or Master of Architecture in Building Science/Building Enclosures/ Historic Preservation
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Architectural Intern track
- Interest in building enclosure design, repair, and retrofit and the integrated design and delivery of high performance buildings. A strong background in building façade and roofing assemblies. An understanding of building science and thermal analysis concepts as well as a knowledge of modeling building performance and sustainability.
Skills should include:
- Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT)
- Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AUTOCAD, REVIT, Rhino, Grasshopper)
- Experience with building performance modeling, software preferred (ECOTECT, VASARI, ENERGYPLUS, EQUEST, DESIGNBUILDER, DIVA, IES-VE, THERM, WUFI)
- Familiarity with exterior wall systems
- Familiarity with roofing assemblies
- Familiarity with building structural systems
- Experience with working on suspended scaffolding and vertical heights
- Assist Project Manager with project tasks
- Review and organize project-related documents
- Research building codes and industry standards
- Write assessment reports
- Perform field investigations, including non-destructive testing, travel required
- Performance modeling of enclosure assemblies using different software
- Analyze proposed repair/design options.
- Design and draft repair drawings and details
- Prepare construction documents such as repair drawings and specifications
- Observe construction and installation of repairs/designs in the field, including quality assurance testing
- Prepare site visit reports and meeting minutes
- Interact with project clients, sub-consultants, and repair contractors
Please send resume and cover letter to David T. Ford, P.E., RRC, RWC, LEED AP, Principal, Managing Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the full posting.
Posted 22 October 2018
Architectural Designer | StudioAtlantis
StudioAtlantis is looking to hire a Full-time Architectural Designer with 1-3 years experience. We are looking for a skilled individual who can work in a collaborative environment with a team. Our focus is providing architecture, design and branding for restaurants and retail spaces.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in related field
- Proficiency in Revit is a must
- Must be able to produce construction documents
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Possess design skills
- Produce high quality, accurate presentation, design, and construction documents.
- Be a self-starter and have a positive mind set.
- Work in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Communication with clients and team
- Meet hard deadlines, managing multiple projects.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kim Gaiko, Kim@Studioatlantis.com.
Posted 31 August 2018
Intern Architect | KPE Engineers ▪ Architects ▪ Forensic Experts
KPE Engineers - Architects is looking to hire an Intern Architect with at least 2 years of professional office experience.
Intern Architects perform architectural assignments under direction, but not immediate supervision. They work from designs of others, compile data, perform design tasks, and assist in the drafting of schematic, design development and contract documents. They are expected to continue to develop a thorough knowledge of architectural drafting, detailing, building materials, codes and construction. Intern Architects may consult with manufacturers, evaluate materials and assist in architectural specifications and report writing, depending on complexity of individual assignments.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture from an accredited university
- Minimum of two years of related experience in all phases of architectural production and detailing required
- On a licensure track or currently working towards licensure
- Proficient in Revit; Rendering software experience desired
- Willingness to make the required time commitment to meet project and company obligations
- Great listening and communication skills
- Results oriented and willingness to work with minimal supervision. Ability to communicate an understanding of assignments and expectations
- Work with Project Architect to produce, develop, and detail all phases of a project through construction documents
- Produce high quality, accurate presentation, design, and construction documents
- Independently apply standard architectural techniques and procedures to architectural assignments
- Perform code research
- Assist in design conceptualization
- Assist in construction administration of projects
- Assist in development of project specifications and cost estimates
- Remain flexible and perform a variety of tasks as needed on a project
KPE Engineers - Architects has the resources, diverse project knowledge, client base and stability to provide a rewarding place to build your career. We believe in providing a positive learning environment in order to help staff advance their career and meet personal goals. In addition to providing an excellent salary commensurate with experience, KPE provides a comprehensive health package, paid time-off, 401K with fully vested company match, continuing educational assistance, company events, and a great environment! Visit kpe-inc.com to learn more about KPE.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com — place “Resume” in Subject line.
Posted 1 August 2018
Entry-Level Architect | Studio A Architecture, LLC
Kansas City, MO
Studio A Architecture, LLC is currently seeking a qualified candidate with 0-3 years’ experience to join our team. Candidates must be highly motivated and quick learners with a desire to be involved in all aspects of a project. Studio A Architecture is a small architectural firm located in the heart of the Kansas City Crossroads District who believes in a collaborative approach to design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Bluebeam and Photoshop.
- Organized, self-motivated individual with a passion to learn
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- Perform drafting support on a variety of project types
- Assist on project development through all phases of the design
- Create presentation graphics
If interested please submit cover letter, resume, and work samples to Nicole Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Studio A Architecture please visit our website at sa-arch.com.
Posted 25 July 2018
Architect I-II | Missouri State Historic Preservation Office, Department of Natural Resources
Jefferson City, MO
The Missouri State Historic Preservation Office is recruiting individuals whom may be interested in applying for consideration for an Architect I-II vacancy we have in our office.
This position involves the review of state and federal tax rehab projects, Section 106 rehab projects, and Historic Preservation Fund grants; providing technical assistance to and creating educational materials for certified local governments and property owners; and monitoring and tracking covenants and easements.
Applicants should possess the following qualities:
- Knowledge of historic architecture and the Secretary of the Interior’s (SOI) Standards for Rehabilitation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with state and federal agencies, consultants, developers, local preservation commissions and the general public
- Ability to plan, organize, track and carry out varied and complex assignments
- Knowledge of federal law and regulations relating to the Treatment of Historic Properties, Section 106, and the National Register of Historic Places
- Ability to learn and comprehend new programs, methodologies and techniques
- Experience reviewing technical aspects of architectural plans and drawings
- Familiarity with word processing software, scanners and cameras
Please click here for more details about this exciting career opportunity.
Follow this link to apply for this position and select the best Paper Application option to suit your preference from option 1, 2, or 3.
Posted 25 July 2018
Architectural Designer/Intern | Aeroteck
A qualified candidate will be a team-oriented individual willing to collaborate with all levels of staff. Candidates should have effective communication skills as well as the ability to present confidently to clients and in internal design charettes. The candidate must be able to manage and produce documents on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include all phases of design from Master Planning and Concept Design through Construction Administration phases, Project Management and client contact. REVIT experience is a must. SketchUp, 3ds max and Adobe creative suite experience is preferred.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university.
- Proficiency with Revit
- Multitasking skills are a must
- Candidates should be organized, ambitious, positive-minded individuals
- Candidates must have the ability to manage the design of multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously, Consult with clients on the job site, and have excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience with rendering and modeling software (preferably Sketchup, 3DS Max)
Employment type: Full Time
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US and sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please contact Jame Roan at 913-333-5610 if you are interested and visit our website at https://www.aerotek.com/en
Posted 3 July 2018
Department of Architecture | College of Architecture, Planning & Design
1088 Seaton Hall | Manhattan KS 66506-2902 | 785-532-5953 | email@example.com