Even though all on-campus activity has been cancelled, you still have online options to complete your APDPro requirements. All requirements are due by 9 a.m. on Thursday, May 14th.
- Check your attendance and requirements you have left to fulfill HERE.
- Any questions? Email Danna Voegeli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lectures (Fall or Spring)
- View past lectures HERE
Email Danna at email@example.com with the lecture you watched and answer the following questions for credit:
1. What did you learn from the lecture you watched?
2. If you could attend the lecture in person, what question(s) would you ask the presenter?
Special Topic Event
- Meet with Career Center Advisor, Andrew Kohls. (Please request an email verification be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete a resource offered through Counseling Services (Please email email@example.com with a screenshot of the resource you completed.)
- Meet with Powercat Financial. Visit https://www.k-state.edu/powercatfinancial/ to schedule. Request email verification be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Watch a recording of one of the Alumni Forums (Email email@example.com with a screenshot for proof of attendance):
Read this professional communication guide and email firstname.lastname@example.org with a paragraph on what you learned.
- Complete a webinar from BRR Architecture's "Polishing Your Portfolio" series. Email email@example.com when complete.
- Watch the "Portfolio Personality Crisis" presentation from Annie Monfort. Email firstname.lastname@example.org when complete.
Off-Campus Study Options
- View the Fall 2019 Off-Campus Study Options PechaKucha HERE. Email email@example.com when complete.
- Meet with Powercat Financial. Visit https://www.k-state.edu/powercatfinancial/ to schedule. Request email verification be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APDesign students recognized for achievements in APDPro
One hundred twenty-seven students in the College of Architecture, Planning & Design at Kansas State University completed the 2018-2019 requirements for APDPro, the college's professional development program.
Read the full article here.
APDPro is a professional development program offered to you as an APDesign student that began in the fall of 2013. The mission of APDPro is to enrich your experience in APDesign and provide a competitive advantage as you transition to the workplace. The programs offered through APDPro help you develop the career skills employers are looking for via workshops, lectures, seminars, professional mentoring and leadership activities.
As a student participating in APDPro, you will attend program-required events that are tailored to your specific academic year. For example, second-year students will attend a portfolio basics workshop, while fifth-year students will participate in a financial planning seminar. You will also attend a lecture of your choice each semester and participate in one leadership activity with a reflection each year.
You will have the opportunity to apply to be matched with a mentor in your second, third or fourth year as a part of the APDPro Mentor Program. Our APDPro mentors are alumni and friends of the university with proven expertise in the design professions.
You will receive a notation on your transcript each year you complete the program requirements. If you complete the requirements all 5 years, you will receive special recognition at commencement.
What students are saying
“It really means something when there is a K-State grad in front of me showing me what they designed, and telling me how they’ve made it. This is so effective because it gives insight to what I might become someday. Thank you APDPro!”
-- APDPro Student
For more information about APDPro, please contact:
Danna Voegeli, APDPro Coordinator
1127 Regnier Hall